San Marino is a microstate with a population of 33 000. It is the third smallest country in Europe, with only Monaco and Vatican City being smaller. However, it is the oldest republic in the world. The country is completely surrounded by Italy, and the easiest way to get to San Marino is by taking a bus from Rimini. The bus ride takes only 30 minutes and a one-way ticket cost around 5€. The bus takes you up the hill to San Marino’s historic center, and from there you can walk to the main sights. As soon as I got out of the bus, I was surrounded by clouds. It is so high up in the mountains that you are literally walking through clouds. The views are stunning, and I got some great shots. Here are ten pictures to prove that San Marino is the most beautiful country in Europe.
1. The scenery is breathtaking.
2. The city is full of historical buildings and architectural details.
3. Vintage cars are everywhere.
4. There are three castles, all in a row along the top of the hill.
5. Even the lamp posts are pretty!
6. You can walk along scenic little pathways.
7. The autumn colors are just stunning.
8. Stop for a picnic and admire the panoramic scenery.
9. The forests look like they are straight out of a fairytale.
10. The view from the hill is spectacular.
Pin to share:
Wow, thank you for sharing!! I have always heard about San Marino but never knew much about it. This post makes me want to go so much!
I didn’t know much about San Marino either and that’s why it really surprised me! It’s such a beautiful country!